Friday, February 18, 2011

Fat Ass, Skinny Bitch

I've never been one to struggle with my weight. I've always been about 5'2" 135 lbs. "Perfect" according to doctors, friends, and society. Over the past year, however, I've gained 30 lbs. Not good. Not because society says so but because I am no longer happy or healthy. I can see and feel a difference in my body. My clothes fit tighter and my body feels tired. At first it wasn't a problem for me because even with the weight gain I didn't feel ew about myself (even though I knew I could stand to lose a couple lbs.) but around my birthday my mom felt the need to point out my sister's obvious weight loss compared to my weight gain. "Look how skinny you are." She marveled toward Karima. "Not like Jarima. She got fat but you, you got skinny!" Thanks mom. As if I wasn't already aware of the severe weight gain. 30 lbs is a lot, period. I'm determined to get out of my sad ass funk though. Playing the victim is NOT cute. I'm going to lose this 30 lbs by May, because I want to and for NO ONE else.
April 2009
Feb 2011

No comments: